DPMaster

Reaction Quake 3 general discussion

Moderators: Black Monk, JBravo, TTI

DPMaster

Postby zippy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm

As it seems that ID have given up on running the master server I've stuck one up at http://www.gloom.me.uk that will accept connections from rq3 servers that are running either the fully patched ID version or a recent IOQuake build. If anyone wants to use them feel free, just add it to rq3.cfg under master servers. If you set it up right you should show on http://www.gloom.me.uk/q3mon/q3mon-browser.pl Just make sure you tick the show empty servers before you search.

One word of warning, I run a tight firewall that will permanently ban an IP for scans or anything else I deem as being abusive. If you get blocked then find me in the IRC channel and I might remove it.
zippy
Bacon Factory

Re: DPMaster

Postby Black Monk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 pm

And there's always master.ioquake3.org too.

And now master.rq3.com too!
Black Monk
Boomstick Studios
Boomstick Studios

Postby zippy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm doing ok with master.ioquake3.org just need a bit more work formatting the web pages to show only rq3 servers and of course the level image but master.rq3.com keeps reporting down in qstat. Do you actually have the software running on that box or has someone just repointed the name to the web server?

Not very likely to be taking my server down any time soon Monk as it's not sitting on a home network :D

Sorted the web page out so it reads the games from all 3 master servers now just to add a bit of code to check for duplicate entries if the server is registered with more than 1 master.

Anyone see any reason to query for anything other than protocol 68, does anyone actually run a server that far out of date and if so why?
zippy
Bacon Factory

Postby Black Monk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:14 pm

master.rq3.com is a work in progress. JBravo is the one working with it. I think it's running but not entirely configured yet. You can hit him up in irc from time to time to see if he thinks he's got it running now! :D
Black Monk
Boomstick Studios
Boomstick Studios

Postby Cowman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 am

what kind of ping would i get to a uk server now.. i only play with <60 ping :twisted:
funny i was just like you
Cowman
Bacon Factory

Postby zippy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:42 am

lol how long is a piece of string.

It depends on where you are and what sort of peering arrangements your ISP has. The web page only shows the ping times from the server to the other servers but assuming you are on a decent link and in the UK you should get less than 60ms RTT
Also you won't get a ping response from my box as the firewall drops them and snort will probably put you on it's block list if you try.
zippy
Bacon Factory

Return to The Reaction Theater